The Centre for Commercialization of Regenerative Medicine (CCRM) Australia is supporting Australia Chase Sun Pty Ltd to identify regenerative medicine projects for funding.
Regenerative medicine includes technologies and therapies that regenerate or replace injured, diseased, or defective cells, tissues, or organs to restore or establish function and structure. Submissions may relate to cell therapies, gene therapies and combination therapies.
Australia Chase Sun Pty Ltd is a subsidiary of Tianjin Chase Sun Pharmaceuticals, that has over 6,000 employees, market capitalization of over AUD 2billion and revenue of over AUD 1.2billion in 2020. With plans to establish a Translational Research Institute in Chengdu, China; Australia Chase Sun is seeking to invest and collaborate in projects involving:
- Process related activities
- Direct differentiation ESCs and iPSCs into MSCs, immune cells, neuro stem cells and other types of cells for clinical and commercial applications.
- Establishment of GMP grade ESC/iPSC cell bank
- Application of iPSC/ESC derived
- MSCs to treat severe inflammation and resulting complications such as acute respiratory distress syndrome, acute kidney injury and osteoarthritis or immune system regulation and tissue repair
- Dopaminergic neuronal precursor cells and neural stem cells to treat Parkinson’s disease and brain injury
- Corneal endothelial cells and retinal pigment epithelial cells for the treatment of eye diseases
- Treatments for skin wounds, burns, surgical and chronic wounds and hair follicle repair
- Pancreatic β-cells: for the treatment of diabetes
- Off the shelf CAR-NK/T and new targets: for solid tumour treatment.
Early stage R&D work will be undertaken in Australia while later stages of commercialisation including cell banking, industrialization, clinical research and product registration will be conducted in China. Chase Sun will provide in-kind expertise in product development, manufacturing and access to China’s market as well as financially contributing to R&D funding based on milestones, eventuating to a license agreement.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to provide a thirty-minute presentation, which must include relevant data on their technologies to a panel of commercial, scientific and venture representatives from Australia Chase Sun and Tianjin Chase sun.
Presentations will be held online on the 12th of May 2021 via Zoom to facilitate attendance from different jurisdictions.
Applications open on 08th Mar 2021 and close 5 pm AEDT 02nd Apr 2021
Shortlisted applicants will be informed during the week commencing 30th Apr 2021
For more information and to apply, please contact Dr Chih Wei Teng at email@example.com